Forest Technician needed at Forsite Consultants Ltd Salmon Arm, BC, Canada
For people who have a passion for forestry and environmental stewardship, there is an intriguing opportunity located in the stunning surroundings of Salmon Arm, British Columbia. Forsite Consultants Ltd is seeking a competent Forest Technician to become a member of their team.
Get insights into an overview of the field of sustainable forestry management, the duties involved in the position, and the opportunity to join a group committed to protecting and developing the forests of British Columbia.
- Location: Forsite Consultants Ltd Salmon Arm, BC, Canada. V1E 2W1 CAN
- Job type: full time
- Education: A 1-2 year program certificate or certification from a college, CEGEP, or other non-university.
- Experience: 2-3 years
- Salary: $22.00-$26.00
About Forsite Consultants Ltd Salmon Arm, BC, Canada
Forsite Consultants Ltd. is a top supplier of integrated forest land development and management services, with 11 offices across Canada. Leaders in the fields of professional forestry, strategic planning, resource and land management, and forestry technology make up our workforce.
Forsite is dedicated to expansion, innovation, and upholding a polite and safe work environment. The company has held SAFE certification since 2007.
Forest Technician’s Responsibilities
In order to support project teams in all facets of multiphase timber development, such as GPS traversing, riparian and ecological evaluations, field engineering, and timber reconnaissance, forest technicians are in charge of providing technical competence. Timber cruising experience is a great advantage.
- A mindset that prioritizes safety.
- Three years of relevant field experience.
- Post-secondary education leading to a diploma or degree in a relevant profession.
- Comprehensive knowledge of standard forestry procedures.
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record.
Work conditions and physical Capabilities
- Dedicated to a profession in forestry.
- Ardent and passionate about the outdoors and working in all kinds of weather.
- Professional with a warm and polite demeanor, focused on serving others and working effectively in a team.
- Capable of working both alone with little direct supervision and in a fast-paced team setting.
- Forsite offers flexible work schedules, competitive pay, and opportunities for professional growth.
- Forsite offers strong benefits package, and a company-matched pension plan for permanent employees, in addition to a stimulating and fulfilling work environment.
- With more than 100 forest professionals working at Forsite, you’ll have access to a sizable local forestry network with plenty of opportunities for career growth and mentoring.