Modern biotechnology firm Roche Diagnostics is committed to developing the diagnostics and genomics industries. Modern Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) technologies for diagnostic products and internal research and development are being developed at the forefront by us.
Our team is made up of innovative scientists, engineers, and researchers who are committed to using innovation to transform healthcare. We are looking for a highly driven and seasoned software engineer to become a member of our expanding team and help us create high-caliber, high-performance NGS bioinformatics algorithms.
As a Principal Bioinformatics Software Engineer, you hold a senior role in the field of bioinformatics, which combines computer science, statistics, and biology to analyze and interpret biological data.
Your primary responsibility is to design, develop, and maintain software solutions and algorithms that facilitate the analysis of biological data, such as DNA sequences, protein structures, gene expression profiles, and genomic variations.
Algorithm Development Responsibilities: Create, develop, and put into practice high-performing bioinformatics algorithms for variant calling, quality assurance, and data preprocessing in the analysis of NGS data.
Optimization: To enhance performance and lower resource consumption and facilitate the effective analysis of massive genomic datasets, continuously optimize and rework current algorithms.
Quality Assurance: Create thorough test suites and work with QA teams to validate results in order to guarantee the dependability and accuracy of bioinformatics algorithms.
Software Integration: Ensure smooth interoperability with current pipelines and workflows by integrating bioinformatics algorithms into the business’s software platforms.
Employment type: Full-time
Job function: Research, Science, and Engineering Industries
Pharmaceutical Manufacturing, Biotechnology Research, and Medical Equipment Manufacturing
- A bachelor’s degree or above in computational biology, bioinformatics, computer science, or a similar discipline.
- A track record of success creating bioinformatics algorithms for NGS data processing.
- Strong command of programming languages like C++ and Python.
- Proficiency with pertinent bioinformatics libraries and tools.
- Familiarity with performance tuning, optimization, and parallel computing.
- Gaining knowledge of GPU development and optimization is advantageous.
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving abilities.
- Outstanding interpersonal and collaborative abilities.
- Working in a regulated setting, such as the FDA or CLIA, is advantageous.