Senior geo-structural engineer needed at Mott MacDonald Canada
A new opportunity has arisen at Mott MacDonald Canada for a Senior Geo-structural Engineer to join our dynamic and growing team and work on landmark infrastructure projects locally, nationally, and internationally. This is due to the company’s growing project portfolio.
Among your responsibilities as a Senior Geo-Structural Engineer will be:
- utilizing a variety of geotechnical and structural expertise, such as foundations, tunnel support, excavation, and subterranean structure design, to develop design solutions and related deliverables. Particularly, the team has experience developing structures with intricate soil-structure interactions.
- Ground modeling, geotechnical data interpretation, and site investigation planning
- supervising the work of less experienced employees and offering professional and technical advice to support their growth
- Delivery of design work packages that call for quality assurance, coordination with internal and external stakeholders, handling of team member input, and, when needed, on-site project travel
- enhancing technical proficiency and digital innovation to increase the team’s capability
- Additionally, you might work in proposal delivery and project commercial management.
- You’ll be able to articulate how your job contributes to social consequences.
- We can provide you with several options for your longer-term career growth, such as technical leadership, staff resource management, and client involvement.
- A solid educational foundation with a Bachelor’s degree in Geotechnical, Civil, or Structural Engineering (a Master’s degree would be advantageous)
- Ten or more years of project- or industry-related experience
Chartered accreditation (P.Eng, C.Eng) with a relevant professional body
- Good interpersonal, teamwork, and communication skills; able to work well with clients and employees at all levels and support the growth of junior personnel
- Expertise in creating novel subterranean structure solutions while adhering to current design rules and standards (prior experience in the transportation industry would be advantageous)
- Experience using numerical analysis tools for geotechnical or structural problems; the ability to code would be advantageous.
- knowledge of constructing or implementing design solutions on building sites
- Possessing the skills and motivation to oversee others’ work, including validating and approving important deliverables
- Acquired expertise in project management, as well as proven technical leadership and teamwork skills
The anticipated wage range, as per the B.C. Pay Transparency Act, is between $154,000 and $163,000.
Several factors, including qualifications, overall experience, and position responsibilities will determine the successful candidate’s exact remuneration within the expected range.