An extraordinary opportunity presents itself in the vibrant center of Vancouver, where the corporate legal industry merges with the cityscape. Distinguished Business Lawyers Grossman & Stanley are seeking a proactive and well-organized individual to take on the critical position of Office Manager.
We will look into the specifics of this fascinating employment opportunity as well as the special fusion of administrative skill and legal knowledge that characterizes the workplace at one of Vancouver’s most well-known law firms.
Office Manager Needed At Grossman & Stanley, Business Lawyers Vancouver, BC, Canada
The ideal applicant will have prior bookkeeping and administrative experience in a legal practice. It is necessary to be proficient with PCLaw or a comparable accounting program for law firms.
- Job type: Full time.
- Pay: $27,4 per hour and $70k-$90k a year.
- Accounts Payable and Receivable.
- Monthly PST and Quarterly GST Reporting/Remittances.
- Monthly Bank Reconciliations Daily Trust Accounting, Annual Reporting, and Periodic Law Society Audits.
- Billing on all conveyancing files requiring trust payment transfers.
- Annual Insurance Applications (WCB, Contents, and Excess Professional Liability).
- Daily Payroll Administration.
- Holiday and Sick Day Tracking; Benefits Coordination and Annual Review.
- Manage Banking and All Vendor Relationships.
- Ad hoc IT Support Coordination with Offsite Teams.
- File Closure/Retention and Off-Site Storage Management.
- Oversee Workflow and Responsibilities of Two Direct Reports (Administant and P/T File Clerk).
- Providing Assistance and Guidance to All Staff as Needed.
- Exceptional organizational, time management, and prioritization skills with the ability to multitask competing priorities and demands.
- A bachelor’s degree in business administration or accounting, or an acceptable combination of education and progressive work experience.
- 5 or more years of relevant experience working in a fast-paced professional services firm.
- Advanced knowledge of Office 365, including MS Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- The ability to work independently and manage your area of responsibility with minimal oversight.
- Excellent communication abilities, both written and verbal, with the capacity to interact with people at all levels—clients, employees, and vendors.