Office Manager Needed At Vantage Data Centers Montreal, QC, Canada
- Microsoft Outlook
- Data Center Experience
- Administrative Experience
Job type: Full-time
- Paid time off
- Retirement etc.
About Vantage Data Centers
Vantage is dedicated to providing an inclusive, equitable, respectful, and accepting work environment. We consciously look for opportunities to benefit from one another’s experiences and promote variety.
Large corporations, cloud providers, and well-known hyperscalers around the world rely on Vantage Data Centers to power, cool, defend, and connect their equipment. Vantage, a developer and operator in North America, EMEA, and Asia Pacific, has revolutionized data center architecture through creative means, resulting in significant improvements in sustainability, efficiency, and dependability in adaptable settings that can grow at the speed of market demand.
The office manager will interact with each and every member of the organization as a hands-on support person. The ideal applicant will be able to keep up in a fast-paced work environment and have exceptional communication, collaboration, and multitasking skills. The chosen applicant must be able to provide examples of prior instances of excellent or effective customer service.
We are looking for a dynamic, experienced individual with previous experience working as an office manager or administrator. The chosen candidate will have a “can-do” mentality and be motivated and results-oriented.
Essential Job Functions and Duties
- In charge of creating a lively and effective work atmosphere and fostering good relationships with all clients and employees
- Work closely with Facilities, Security, Information Technology, and other important partners to coordinate
- Participate in the planning and execution of both small and large group events (cateevents, departmental parties, etc.).
- Ordering and keeping up with workplace supplies, such as beverages and snacks
- Assist in organizing reservations for conference rooms
- FedEx shipping and receiving packages
- Overseeing any mail that arrives to the building
- Ensuring that the conference rooms and office are organized before closing for the day.
- Introducing new badges: creating badges for new hires and supplying replacements as needed
- Assist in planning events and meetings off-site
- Assistance booking a hotel
- Making appointments and ordering meals as necessary
- Arrange events and activities both in person and virtually.
- Give clients and guests access and assistance.
- Other tasks and initiatives, when they come up
- Handling calendars and providing assistance to executives
- Two to four years of experience as an executive assistant or office manager in an organizing, detail-oriented role
- Very driven, well-organized, and quick to pick things up
- Experience protecting sensitive data Outstanding writing, spelling, grammar, and communication skills in both official and casual contexts
- Familiarity with Microsoft products, particularly the capacity to use them for tracking, scheduling, reporting, and follow-up
- You must have prior Outlook calendaring experience.
- Knowledge of SharePoint is advantageous.
- Being able to use a global travel platform is advantageous.
- Less than 5% of time will likely be spent traveling, and that amount will only go up as company demands change.
- Public notaries are preferable but not necessary
- For this post, bilingualism (in both French and English) is preferred because of the nature of the work, which involves interacting with colleagues across US departments.
We operate with no ego and no arrogance. We strive to strengthen and encourage one another while respecting and valuing each other’s shortcomings. We actively seek out opportunities to add fun into what we do because we find joy in each other and our work. We are compensated with a total package that is above market for our diligent and productive work. We provide more benefits than is typical in the area, including paid time off, retirement, and health and welfare.