Structural Engineer Needed At Surrey, BC, Canada
Salary: $100,000 to $110,000 per year
Type of job: Full-time
Schedule and shift: Day shift
Application Information: Cover letter
Based in our Burnaby office, the Structural Engineer is a critical role within our Existing Buildings Service Area. An individual with experience in structural design who wants to branch out into building enclosure design would be a good fit for this post. The position calls for a goal-oriented person with the capacity to operate autonomously with minimal supervision, concentrate, and do several tasks within allotted time frames.
One crucial aspect of your structural design duties will be secondary component structural design. It is preferred to have prior knowledge in primary building structural design.
- Analysis of the foundation components and building envelope systems
- Evaluation of the structure of current buildings to ensure they can support auxiliary constructions
- architectural examinations and evaluations of structural warranties
- surveys conducted prior to construction
- Field research and testing of assemblies
- Creating building requirements, drawings, and documentation
- Review of shop drawings and material proposals
- Check for compliance with contract documents during the construction phase.
- Getting the design calculations ready
- Conduct structural evaluations of other RDH engineers’ work.
- Attend site meetings as needed.
- Meet with groups of strata owners at different times.
- Attend meetings of property owners
- Advise clients on technical matters and manage project teams, which include consultants and contractors.
- Contribute to the knowledge management and practice systems of the company.
- A bachelor’s degree with a structural specialization in engineering or applied science
- Five years or more of experience working as a structural engineer
- Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) registered or qualified for EGBC registration
- Familiarity with the fundamental structural design of buildings (wood frame, concrete, steel, masonry). Light gauge steel stud framing experience is preferred.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Strong foundation in structural analysis, modeling, and design
- Being able to mentor and guide people in structural design is essential.
- Building science technical expertise is really advantageous.
- Capacity to create and evaluate technical memoranda, specifications, drawings, and designs
- Outstanding interpersonal, linguistic, and writing abilities
- Extremely well-organized, capable of setting priorities for several activities, and able to show flexibility in handling assignments
- Good capacity to adjust attention between shifting priorities and strike a balance between short-term (day-to-day) project work and short-term (long-term) research project deadlines.
- Be a dedicated customer support representative.
- Accuracy and attention to detail are necessary.
- Highly driven individual with the ability to lead a team, work independently, and
- Capable of visualizing architectural and structural elements in three dimensions
- Proficiency with Word and Excel in particular from Microsoft Office.
THE BENEFITS AND INCENTIVES
For a full-time position, the basic salary range for this role is $100,000 to $110,000 annuallyized. Salary is based on a number of variables, such as geography, experience, qualifications, and skills and abilities. Additionally, you can qualify for share ownership and discretionary rewards.
We provide a comprehensive benefits package to enhance our employees’ well-being. Contributions to the GRSP, health and dental insurance, perks for primary caregivers, vacation and sick leave, replacements for statutory holidays, and a $1,000 annual learning fund for educational or professional objectives are all included.
RDH is a fantastic workplace. Working with RDH means committing to a lifetime of learning and development with passionate, motivated individuals who genuinely care about Making Buildings Better.
We are a 300-person, employee-owned consulting company with nine offices around North America. Our primary focus is on maximizing building performance through the integration of construction management, architecture, and building science engineering.
Since our founding in 1997, we have grown to become leaders in the North American industry and will only get bigger as long as we maintain our commitment to providing high-quality projects and technological excellence. Our goal of “Making Buildings Better” is driven by our cooperative teams. In addition to aiming to create a friendly and inclusive environment for everyone who is passionate about our purpose and values, we want to see equal representation on our teams.
People of different identities, races, ethnicities, genders, ages, orientations, religions, abilities, education, cultures, and skills are what we consider to be wonderful because of the diverse thoughts, ideas, and voices that we represent. We are dedicated to promoting equity by assembling teams according to skills, merit, and operational requirements. Being an equal opportunity employer makes us proud.
Visit www.rdh.com for more details about our projects, areas of specialization, and culture.
Kindly send your cover letter and resume in one PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org, making sure to include the job title and location in the subject line.
Please don’t call. Although we value every response, we will only get in touch with those who are on our short list. Note that applications should only be submitted by individuals who are eligible.