Attention Calgary, KP Technologies Ltd. is on the hunt for a skilled and dedicated Construction Worker to join their growing team. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, relish building things with your own two hands, and possess a can-do attitude, read on – this opportunity might be the perfect fit for you!
Construction Worker Needed at KP Technologies Ltd. Calgary, AB, Canada
KP Technologies Ltd. Calgary is offering a permanent and full-time job along with a good salary package. To increase our team, we are looking for a knowledgeable and experienced construction worker. The chosen applicant will be in charge of carrying out a broad range of construction tasks on different job sites, such as reading and comprehending blueprints and specifications, measuring and labeling surfaces, putting up scaffolding, and using different hand and power tools. The ideal applicant should be able to work both independently and collaboratively, possess strong communication and problem-solving abilities, and be able to handle physical demands and a fast-paced work environment.
$23.50 an hour
No degree, certificate, or diploma
- Load, unload, and transport construction materials
- Erect and dismantle concrete forms, scaffolding, ramps, catwalks shoring and barricades
- Assist heavy equipment operators
- Assist in aligning pipes during pipeline construction
- Assist in drilling and blasting rock on construction sites
- Level earth to fine-grade specifications
- Pave and rake asphalt
- Clean and pile salvaged materials
- Clean up chemical spills and other contaminants
- Remove rubble and other debris at construction sites
- Tend or feed machines or equipment used in construction
- Direct traffic at or near construction sites
- Read and interpret blueprints
- Client focus
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Work Term: Permanent
- Work Language: English
- Hours: 30 to 40 hours per week
What is the typical work environment for a construction worker?
Construction workers typically work outside on job sites, and their work can be physically demanding and sometimes hazardous. They may work in all types of weather conditions, and their job sites may be located in remote areas or high-traffic urban environments.
What are the career advancement opportunities for a construction worker?
By earning further training and credentials, construction professionals can progress in their careers and take on roles as project managers, superintendents, or foremen. Additionally, they might focus on a particular branch of construction, like electrical or plumbing work, which can result in additional prospects for growth and higher compensation.
What are some of the challenges of being a construction worker?
The construction sector can be dangerous at times and physically taxing. Employees might need to travel to numerous job sites, thus they need to be ready to work in any weather. Along with adhering to tight safety guidelines, construction workers also need to be aware of any potential risks on the job site. To fulfill project deadlines, they might also need to put in a lot of overtime, especially on the weekends and at night.