The majority of health services in Nova Scotia are provided by Nova Scotia Health, which also provides some specialty services to customers across Atlantic Canada. Our goal at the hospitals, health centers, and community-based programs we run throughout the province is to attain excellence in health, healing, and learning via collaboration.
In addition to academic, tertiary, and quaternary care, our committed team of experts offers a wide range of excellent inpatient and outpatient services in primary health care, public health, mental health, and addictions. Come work with a varied group of innovators, team players, and imaginative thinkers today.
Come meet us now and visit www.novascotia.com to learn why more and more people are relocating here from all over the world.
Registered Nurses Needed At Nova Scotia Health And IWK Health Nova Scotia
ID required: 133644
Organization: Nova Scotia Health
Place: Province Zone
Employment Type: 100% Full-Time Equivalent (100% FTE) × 15 Posts
Posting Deadline: Open Until Accomplished
Concerning the Opportunity
The Locum Program is designed to fill in the gaps in the Eastern Zone’s high personnel demands by offering short-term, targeted assignments.
The Registered Nurse, who works under the direction of the Program Manager, is a medical professional who helps clients and their families achieve and sustain optimal health via nursing care and therapeutic interactions. The overall planning and provision of nursing care is under the purview of the staff nurse.
(S)he practices in accordance with the Canadian Nurses Association Code of Ethics, the College of Registered Nurses of Nova Scotia, and the CRNNS Standards of Nursing Practice for Registered Nurses. She also works in cooperative relationships with students, colleagues, unit staff, and members of various related health disciplines. She mentors and leads peers and other staff.
Victoria County Memorial Hospital, Inverness Consolidated Memorial Hospital, Buchanan Memorial Hospital, Sacred Heart Hospital, Eastern Memorial Hospital, Guysborough Memorial Hospital, Strait Richmond Hospital, and St. Mary’s Hospital are just a few of the rural facilities in the Eastern Zone where you might be required to work.
The requirements will change depending on the location and needs of the facility.
Requirements for Surgical and Medical Fields:
• Eligible for registration or registered with the College of Registered Nurses of Nova Scotia.
• BCLS-C or CPR certification.
• Advanced Cardiac Life Support, or ACLS
• One (1) to three (3) years of experience in medicine or surgery;
• Prior experience working in a rural area is advantageous.
Requirements for Critical Care Areas: • Eligible for registration or registered with the College of Registered Nurses of Nova Scotia.
• BCLS-C or CPR certification.
• Advanced Cardiac Life Support, or ACLS.
• The Pediatric Emergency Nurses Course (ENPC) or PALS (Pediatric Advanced Life Support)
• Emergency Nurse Program (ENP) or Critical Care Nursing Program (CCNP) • Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC)
• At least three (3) years of medical or surgical experience with proof of strong assessment abilities, if the aforementioned is not available.
• Prior experience working in a rural environment is advantageous.
All applicants need to fulfill the following requirements as well
• Proven ability to communicate clearly both in writing and orally.
• Proof of continued, pertinent education.
• Exhibited strong interpersonal skills and the capacity to uphold positive connections with families, coworkers, and patients/residents.
• Physically demonstrated capacity to carry out the responsibilities of the role.
• The ability to transport ambulances.
• Excellent attendance and work history; attendance logs are available for inspection
• Fluency in additional languages is advantageous; French is desired.
• to pay any associated costs as a condition of employment and to provide People Services with a criminal record check (including a Vulnerable Sector Search) prior to beginning employment.
• Mental/Physical Demands: Often, this involves standing and walking for extended periods of time, bending, lifting, pushing, and pulling, as well as transferring and moving patients, clients, and equipment. Must be able to work at the primary, secondary, or tertiary level in a health care organization in an atmosphere that may be quite stressful.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Applications, resumes, and cover letters from candidates who rely on degree and experience equivalents must expressly mention these equivalencies. Applications that are lacking information or are incomplete will not be considered for interviewing candidates.
Make sure your resume is current and has all of the necessary training, certifications, experience, and education listed.
- Depending on the demands of the institution, the hours may change.
- There may be shifts on the weekends, holidays, evenings, and days.
Please be aware that successful applicants who live outside of Nova Scotia Health’s Eastern Zone and are prepared to relocate are eligible for the incentives. Applicants who are employed in the Eastern zone at the moment must be able to accept temporary assignments without interfering with regular operations or requiring overtime compensation for regular shift assignments.
Please be aware that internal staff members who are currently stationed in the location of the vacancy are not eligible for this incentive.
After completing 162.5 hours of labor, successful candidates for the locum pilot project will be eligible to win a $1000 completion bonus. The minimum commitment is one (1) month, and it is decided at the time of recruitment. The chosen candidates will also be qualified to receive reimbursement for acceptable accommodations, food on a per diem basis, and mileage or flights as applicable.
• Please send inquiries to recruitment.services-EZ@nshealth.ca.
$37.36 to $45.57 per hour
The benefits package we offer, which consists of a defined benefit pension plan, long-term disability, life, health, and dental insurance, may be available to selected candidates. (Only Permanent Extended Assignments)
Selected applicants might additionally qualify for relocation aid and a signing bonus under a specific Return of Service contract.