EnGlobe Corp. is a leading engineering and construction firm in Toronto, ON, Canada. We are seeking a qualified and experienced Structural Engineer to join our growing team.
EnGlobe Corp., based in the vibrant city of Toronto, ON, Canada, is actively seeking a dynamic and experienced professional to join our team. As a leading player in the engineering industry, EnGlobe Corp. is dedicated to pushing the boundaries of structural engineering, and we are in search of an individual who shares our vision for creating robust and sustainable structures that stand the test of time.
Structural Engineer needed at EnGlobe Corp. Toronto, ON, Canada
We are looking for an Intermediate Engineer for our Toronto office. As an Intermediate Structural Engineer, you will work in direct collaboration with the project team: in this role, a highly collaborative work style is imperative, design/detailing will not be performed in isolation, but in a team-based manner.
Toronto, ON, Canada
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering with a concentration in Structural Engineering.
- 4+ years of transferable experience
- Project management
- Perform structural site investigations/inspections/reviews, gather data, and prepare technical reports, site review/inspection reports, and compliance letters;
- Describe existing structural conditions and provide engineering solutions as required through Structural Condition Assessments and engineering studies;
- Perform engineering calculations, analysis, and design of structural elements including concrete, steel, masonry, wood, light-gauge metal, and precast using the latest and applicable building and design codes/standards;
- Manage and/or generate deliverable documentation (i.e. drawings & specifications) for structural projects that require accuracy in calculations and/or completeness of data;
- Manage projects to ensure targets are met (schedule/budget);
- Regularly interact with clients and contractors throughout the project duration;
- Review engineering designs and drawings from junior team members and engineers-in-training and provide mentorship and feedback;
- Review contractor’s submittals and shop drawings and, develop design solutions and modifications when warranted by site conditions;
- Market our services to new / existing clients through business development initiatives.
- Apply and promote Englobe’s health and safety rules
- Registered as a professional engineer with Professional Engineers Ontario (PEO);
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering with a concentration in Structural Engineering.
- 4+ years of transferable experience in structural design of buildings and structural components/elements (New Build, and Rehabilitation) post-graduation;
- Knowledge and exposure to all relevant Canadian building codes, standards, and regulatory requirements (OBC/NBC, CSA Standards, etc.);
- Experience with project management and contract administration;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to produce well‑written reports and technical specifications;
- Experience with structural analysis/modeling computer software;
- Demonstrated ability to learn and adapt to complex concepts/projects, working independently and as part of a team;
- Ability to effectively and efficiently problem-solve, tackle new assignments, and multi‑task in a busy work environment with an emphasis on attention to detail;
- Possession of or eligibility to obtain Security Clearance;
- Valid driver’s license and ability to travel throughout Ontario (incl. remote areas);
- Ability to work nightshifts;
- Demonstrated sensitivity and consideration for occupational health and safety
A full range of benefits (group insurance with shared costs upon hiring, group RRSP);
- A telemedicine virtual healthcare service;
- An annual reimbursement of sports expenses;
- Opportunities for skills development;
- Flexible hours and ability to compress working hours;
- Internal policy to encourage teleworking.